Friday, July 23, 2010

LIFE-LIGHT (Women's Ministry Meeting 07/22/2010)

Key Verse: 1 Peter 2:9 AMP "But you are a chosen race; a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of HIM, who has called you out of darkness into HIS Marvelous Light."

God wants us to proclaim HIS excellencies (NAS), declare HIS praises (NIV), set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of HIM (AMP), show for the praises of HIM (KJV), proclaim the praises of HIM (NKJV)

The Message: But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chose to be a holy people, God's instruments to do HIS work and speak out for HIM, to tell others of the night-and-day difference HE made for you - from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.

John 8:12 "Then spake JESUS again unto them, saying, I am the LIGHT of the world; he that followed me shall not walk in darkness, but have the LIGHT of life."

John 1:1-5 v. 4 "In HIM was Life, and the Life was the LIGHT of men." v.5 "And the LIGHT shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has NEVER overpowered it (put it out or absorbed it or appropriated it, and is unreceptive to it)."

Psalms 112:4 "LIGHT arises in the darkness for the upright, gracious, compassionate, and just (who are in right standing with God)."

Psalms 43:3 "O send out YOUR LIGHT and Your truth, let them lead me, let them bring me to Your Holy hill and to YOUR dwelling."

Psalms 27:1 "The Lord is my LIGHT and my salvation - whom shall I fear?"

Psalms 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a LIGHT for your path"

Have you ever been or are you now in a dark place? A place where you just simply don't know what to do about a particular situation, a difficult circumstance or just feel stuck in life? We are positioned in LIFE and we have found out JESUS is the LIFE-LIGHT! He will lead us through Victorious!!!

Closing Verse: 2 Samuel 23:29-30 NIV "Your are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light. With Your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall."

No comments: