Tuesday, April 6, 2010

WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN WOMEN DARE TO...

Intercede and Pray? Read Hannah's story in 1Samuel 1 and 2:1-11. Hannah was barren and her heart's desire was to bear a son. Hannah's intercession was heard, her prayer was answered and her life was changed. Interestingly enough, not only was her life changed, but the lives of many whom she never knew. She named her son Samuel which means "heard" and "asked of God." A prophet, a priest, a judge, and an intercessor was born due to her intercession. Samuel's courageous leadership proved to be a turning point in the history of Israel. What will happen when we dare to pray? Intercessory prayer will change our lives and the lives of many others in our family, church, community, region, state and world. People will be saved, healed, delivered and set free! Revival will come!
I DARE YOU TO INTERCEDE AND PRAY!

Surrender? Read Mary's story in Luke 1:26-38. And Mary said, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord, be it unto me, according to thy word," v38. Mary simply surrendered to God's will... His purpose, His destiny and His will for her life! In the natural she didn't know how God was going to bring about the things spoken to her by the angel. Mary just trusted Him and SURRENDERED. We all sing the song, "I SURRENDER ALL...All to Thee my Blessed Savior, I surrender all." He desires for us to surrender all to Him - holding nothing back, nothing hidden, nothing in reserve. JESUS will be birthed in and through our lives so that our life will make a difference in the life of another. "For with God nothing shall be impossible," v37. God is able to bring about His purpose, His destiny and His will for each of us. Is it that He is just waiting for us to surrender.
I DARE YOU TO SURRENDER ALL!

Touch Him? Read the story of the woman with the issue of blood in Luke 8:43-48. We all want Jesus to touch us, and He does and He will... But what will happen when we touch him? The woman with the issue of blood was no longer hidden in the crowd when she touched Jesus. She was considered an outcast in her day. She had an issue of blood. For 12 years she spend all she had on physicians. SHE SPENT ALL. Many of us know how she must have felt - We are spent out, exhausted, weak and weary because of our own "issues." No matter how she felt that day, feelings had nothing to do with it, because she was filled with faith. She said, "I WILL TOUCH HIM!" As she pressed toward Jesus, she thought to herself, "If I can but touch His robe, I will be healed." Jesus said, "Daughter your faith has made you well. Go in peace, your suffering is over" v48.
I DARE YOU TO TOUCH HIM!


Janet Baker
Women's Ministries Coordinator
Hackleburg Church of God of Prophecy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This blessed me so much! Sometimes you need something and today this hit the spot for me. I want to touch him and I want to move mountains with my prayers and I am going too!!!!