Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pray for Your Leaders 3

God revealed to Jennifer last week, we need to pray for our leaders. On a more closer, personal note, He revealed as wives; we need to cover our husbands in prayer as the leader of the household.

This past week, God gave me a prayer for us wives to speak over our husbands. This prayer is for you if your a wife of a saved husband serving the Lord or a wife of a husband in transition toward serving the Lord. The prayer is composed of the Word of God, just put into a personal perspective. Remember the Lord says in Jeremiah 1:12.....I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it.

In praying for our husbands, we as wives should start with ourselves, proclaiming who God says we are as a wife.

An excellent wife is the crown of her husband. I am an excellent wife. ( Proverbs 12:4)

House and riches are the inheritance of fathers and a prudent wife is from the Lord. I am a prudent wife. ( Proverbs 19:14) This word prudent interested me, so I looked up the meaning and prudent is one who is careful in planning for the future, sensible, economical or thrifty.

I respect and reverence my husband, I notice him, regard him, honor him, prefer him, venerate him, and esteem him. I defer to him, praise him, love and admire him exceedingly. (Eph. 5:33)

Holy Spirit, I ask You to help me understand and support my husband in ways that show my support for Christ. Lord, You teach me to be a wife to him, show me Your expectations of a wife. I pray that I will be the wife You planned to give my husband, no fleshy attitude will stand in the way. Holy Spirit lead me, lead me in what to say or what not to say. Lead me in my role as a wife, that I will glorify You God. In Jesus Name.

A PRAYER COVERING FOR YOUR HUSBAND
Lord God, (my husband), is the leader of this family. God You are the Head of this household and my husband follows after You in every decision affecting this family. He longs for You, O God. His inner self thirsts after You, the living God. (Ps. 42:1,2) God shine Your light so that he can clearly see which way to go as we follow him Lord. My husband leans on, trusts in, and is confident in You, Lord, with all his heart and mind and does not rely on his own insight or understanding. In all his ways he knows, recognizes, and acknowledges You, and You direct and make straight and plain his paths. He is not wise in his own eyes, but reverently fears and worships You, Lord. (Pro. 3:5-7)
He hears counsel, receives instruction, and accepts correction, that he may be wise in the time to come. (Pro. 19:20)
God give him favor as he walks as the leader of this household. You, Lord, will bless him; as with a shield You will surround him with goodwill ( pleasure and favor). (Ps 5:12)
By Your favor, O Lord, You have established him as a strong mountain. ( Ps 30:7)
I want to encourage you this week to pray for your leader, your husband. Praying the word over your husband is like creating a force field around him. Let God move by speaking His word which allows Him to provide that covering.

No comments: